Welcome to the University of Birmingham! For many of you, this will be your first time in our city - while we wish that it could have been in different circumstances, we as Committee will do our best to ensure you have the best year possible!
Here's a taste of what's coming up this week:
- Tuesday 22nd @ 7pm: Society Livestream - tune in to twitch.tv/guildofstudents, enjoy a dance lesson, meet our Committee and learn more about dancesport!
- Friday 25th @ 7pm: Back to BALADS - if you're interested in hearing more about our plans for this year join our Zoom meeting - the link will be posted in our Facebook group.
- Monday 28th @ 6pm: Beginner's Taster Session- if you've never danced before this will be your chance to learn some of the basics from the comfort of your own kitchen or living room! Here is the Facebook event and details to join in will be posted in our Facebook group!
- Monday 28th @ 7pm: Novice Taster Session- for those of you who have danced before we will be teaching some more exciting steps in Cha-Cha! Here is the Facebook event and details to join in will be posted in the Facebook group.
- Monday 28th @ 8pm: Intermediate Taster Session - for anyone with a bit more experience, you can expect to learn some more advanced Latin choreography. Here is the Facebook event and details to join in will be posted in the Facebook group.
We'll keep this page up to date with the most recent information. If you'd like to know more about dance, here are a few more resources for you:
- Our YouTube channel, where you can find all kinds of information on dance steps, makeup and competitions
- Our Resources section to learn more about dance steps and competition attire
- Check out our Links section to find more dance groups in Birmingham!
Finally, click here to join our society! A year of membership costs only £5 and will grant you access to our practice sessions and classes once taster sessions have ended.